Here are some things that happened to me today, all of which are out of the ordinary:
- For various reasons, I left home almost an hour late. Actually, leaving late isn’t all that unusual, but rarely that late.
- Because the car had a flat yesterday and was in getting fixed, I drove the van to work.
- The van doesn’t have an iPod adapter, so I did not bring my iPod. Instead I listened to CDs (actual disks!) and the radio.
- Because my TimCard is in the car, I used cash at Tim Horton’s for breakfast.
- A friend at work borrowed my kids’ Lightning McQueen RC car last week – she made an awesome Lightning McQueen cake and used the car as a model. She returned it today so it was sitting on my desk all day.
- I played in a band at work – me and two other guys played guitar, another played keyboard, and four or five more sang Christmas songs. I can count the number of times I’ve played the guitar in a band – counting today, three.
- I had a full turkey lunch, complete with veggies, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and dessert.
- It took me two hours and fifteen minutes to get home from work (in the van, without my iPod). This was obviously annoying but strangely, I wasn’t as pissed off when I got home as I usually am after such a long commute.
- I had a peanut butter sandwich for dinner.
- I came home to an empty house. It was movie night, so Gail and the boys were over at the school. I went and joined them after “dinner”.
All these weird things happened in one day. It seems very surreal when I look back on it.
Sorry, must cut this article short – I need to take the rhinoceros out for a walk.