So I’ve seen RotS twice now, and I have a couple of questions. These are the kind of questions that nitpickers like me notice. If you haven’t seen the movie, you may not want to read this, as there are spoilers.
- In RotJ, Leia says that she remembers stuff about her mother – “Just images really. Feelings… She was very beautiful, kind, but sad.” Then Luke says “I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.” How does Leia have memories of her mother when Luke has none? They both “knew” her for the same amount of time before she died – minutes. Perhaps Leia is sensing her mother through the Force, but Luke is arguably more gifted in the Force than Leia, so why can’t he feel anything?
- Leia is adopted by Senator Bail Organa. In Episodes IV-VI, she’s referred to as “Princess” Leia. Where did the “Princess” part come from? It kind of looked like Organa’s wife was the same person as the Queen of Naboo in AotC, but according to the credits on imdb.com, that actress didn’t appear in RotS.
- Yoda and Obi-Wan decide to split the twins up to keep them hidden from the Sith. So why wouldn’t he change Luke’s name from Skywalker?
- (This is a question from AotC that never got answered in Revenge of the Sith) Jango Fett says that he was recruited for the cloning project by “a man named Tyranus”, who we later find out is Count Dooku. Yet, Dooku is amassing a huge droid army. When the clone army appears, he has no idea where the Republic got such an army. Unless this was all part of Darth Sidious’ plot to start a war, and Dooku is pretending not to know where the clone army came from. Just thought of that.
Another interesting list – people who have hands, arms, or legs cut off by light sabers:
- Dude at cantina – arm (ANH)
- Luke – hand (TESB)
- Darth Vader – hand (RotJ)
- Anakin – arm (AotC)
- Count Dooku – both hands (RotS)
- Mace Windu – hand (RotS)
- Anakin – both legs (RotS)
Strange that Anakin has the same hand cut off twice – once in AotC by Dooku, and then again in RotJ by Luke.